At Advisor360°, an emerging SaaS FinTech company, we seek an experienced Cloud Engineer to help design and build on our cloud implementation. The members of this team will work closely with the Enterprise/Platform/Application Architecture, Development, and Product teams in solutioning. The Cloud Engineering team is also a close collaborator with all operational functions at the firm. The Cloud Engineer role is an opportunity to be at the forefront of future-state efforts occurring at the firm.
- Collaborate with application architects and DevOps to modernize on-premise platform to evolve as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) applications or Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Work closely with operational resources to update their on-premise practices and architectures to include cloud-service technologies.
- Work closely with Application, Network, and Security teams to ensure that requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure architected design patterns.
- Develop, implement, and test data backup and recovery, as well as disaster-recovery procedures.
- Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks, and operational standards, including infrastructure diagrams.
- Evaluate existing infrastructure and applications running within Azure to ensure that proper automation of operations and optimization is in place.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, testing, and production environments.
- Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers.
- Provide best practices for building secure and reliable applications on cloud platforms.
- Five-plus years of experience in designing and implementing large-scale, global, complex distributed platforms and solutions required.
- Two-plus years of cloud-services architecture experience with Azure required.
- Deep understanding of cloud-computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience required.
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking required.
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and logging tools, and build/release processes, highly preferred.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery models required.
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions—especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies—required.
- Candidate must be capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership and business-application partners.
- Knowledge of networking topologies and engineering—including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, and gateway devices—required.
- Application-migration experience using VMware would be a plus.
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Azure Automation, Azure CLI, and PowerShell scripting required.
- Azure Certifications a plus (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification).
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical FinTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second-to-none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are located in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, North Station commuter rail shuttle service, flexible spending accounts, and employee-assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.