Enterprise Shared Services Developer
As Developer on the Enterprise Shared Services team you need to be a self-starter that is passionate about service development and eager to become a subject matter expert in the third-party products/services that the team supports. Keeping up to date with other third-party products or services that fall into the space you support is imperative since the advancements in other products could improve our service offerings.
All team members cross train in the services and systems supported by the team so being a team player is important. Interpersonal skills are also a necessity as you will have to interface with other developers, QA, systems operations, and systems engineering.
Equally important will be the ability to discuss solutions, problems, or opinions while being open-minded to different ideas.
Strong experience in documentation is needed since all services and solution proposals that are created must be documented. Solution proposals must detail all approaches that were considered to demonstrate why the proposed solution is the best.
- Collaborate with Application Architecture to establish Best Practices and Standards for creating and using the services that the team will be developing
- Ensure Best Practices and Standards are followed for all services
- Consistent approach is used for interacting with all services
- Consistent approach to security
- Team members keep up to date in technology advancements
- Either be or be working towards being Azure certified
- Proficient in building services
- Will have primary systems that the developer is responsible for, but will be cross trained and will support all other systems and services the team supports
- Coordinating with Sys Ops to have any third-party service/system maintenance performed
- Creating a full test suite for the services (unit, integration, performance, load)
- Optimizing services to ensure high performance levels
- Creating releases for all services
- Thorough understanding of our versioning methodology
- Thorough and up-to-date API documentation
- Indispensable Service
- Must attend training at least once per year
Key Behaviors for Success
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships
- Adaptive communicator
- Ability to influence results (i.e., knows when to escalate and when to enlist support)
- Proactive development of self
- Self-awareness – knowing one’s strengths, weaknesses, drives, values and impact on others
- Motivation – relishing achievement for its own sake. A passion for the work itself and for new challenges, unflagging energy to improve, optimism in the face of failure
- Social skills – building rapport with other team members and Advisor360° employees to create a collaborative environment
- Business Acumen including a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to operate at a high level
- Strong understanding of software development practices
- Creating abstractions from platforms
- Quickly learn new platforms
- Evaluate, compare and recommend platforms based on a consistent set of criteria
- Thorough understanding of the .NET platform
- Thorough understanding of RESTful web services
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical FinTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second-to-none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (volunteer time off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, North Station commuter rail shuttle service, flexible spending accounts, and employee-assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.