Our tight-knit Development team builds and maintains large private websites and mobile applications for use by advisors and their client investors. These applications represent our SaaS offering, the Advisor360° platform. Our Advisor360° platform helps more than 1,900 advisor offices manage their daily lives. It is built primarily using Microsoft technologies, including .NET and SQL Server. Our development approach has always been Agile, and we recently revamped our team structure based on Scrum.
- Working as part of a small (9-person) architecture team that oversees 10+ Scrum teams with 50+ developers
- Helping to define logical and physical application architecture and to document that architecture using diagrams
- Helping to identify design patterns and anti-patterns and enforce implementation through design reviews
- Building strong relationships across Scrum and peer technology teams (System Engineering, Network Engineering, and Information Security) and collaborating with a variety of people (Scrum team technical leads, product owners, development managers, etc.) in a variety of situations
- Providing leadership to the various Scrum teams in design and architecture; helping teams choose from multiple design options while balancing project timelines and architecture standards/guidelines and leading Scrum teams in creating appropriate designs that consider product strategy, project-level in-scope requirements, technical debt remediation opportunities, and design patterns
- Performing root cause analyses, conducting technology evaluations, and leading design spikes
- Staying abreast of industry, technology, language, and process trends; being unafraid to implement new practices, processes, and technologies
- Committing to completing well-defined work in our architecture backlog, and delivering on those commitments
- Identifying and promoting improvements to Advisor360°’s SDLC for the overall Development organization including, but not limited to, areas such as version control, continuous integration, project build, and project deployment
- Consistently following software development methodology when working on research proof-of-concepts or while creating/maintaining software owned by the Architecture team
- 3+ years of experience as an architect or 5+ years in a tech lead role
- At least 10 years of experience designing interconnected, complex systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with working with various teams and influencing a common alignment
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC applications
- Experience with ASP.NET Web API
Additional skills and knowledge
- NServiceBus, SignalR, Redis, Entity Framework (or other ORM), .NET Core
- Client-side technologies/frameworks (Angular 2+, Knockout, Web Components)
- Microsoft Azure or other cloud infrastructures
- Experience in a B2B SaaS environment
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.