Azure Cloud Systems Engineer
Are you an experienced cloud systems engineer? Someone who can maintain, implement, and ensure exceptional performance and reliability with cloud infrastructure and core systems? We are looking to add a dynamic new member to our Advisor360° team: someone who is intimately proficient in the architecture and administration of Microsoft Azure environments and savvy with a variety of other systems, too.
- Collaborating with application architects and DevOps to modernize on-premise platform to evolve as infrastructure as a service (IaaS) applications or platform as a service (PaaS)
- Working closely with operational resources to update their on-premise practices and architectures to include cloud service technologies
- Working closely with Application, Network, and Security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure-architected design patterns
- Developing, implementing, and testing data backup and recovery and disaster recovery procedures
- Writing and maintaining clear, concise documentation, runbooks, and operational standards, including infrastructure diagrams
- Evaluating existing infrastructure and applications running within Azure to ensure proper automation of operations and optimization is in place
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in development, test, and production environments
- Educating and mentoring product teams and junior engineers
- Providing best practices for building secure and reliable applications on cloud platforms
- 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing large scale, global, complex distributed platforms and solutions required
- 2+ years of cloud services architecture experience with Azure required
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated, hands-on experience required
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking experience is required
- Monitoring, alerting, and logging tools, and build/release processes highly preferred
- Experience with continuous integration (CI)/continuous delivery (CD) models required
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership and business application partners
- Knowledge of networking topologies and engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, and gateway devices
- Application migration experience using VMware a plus
- Azure Automation, Azure CLI, and PowerShell scripting required
- Azure certifications a plus (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.