Business Analyst, Data Conversion
Do you enjoy finding creative solutions to business problems using technology? Are you adaptable, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment? If so, you may be the right fit to join our group of a dozen-plus business analysts.
The 44-person Project Management Office in Technology is made up of business analysts, QA engineers, Scrum masters, project managers, and more—all working together to help design, develop, and deliver the best technology tools and business solutions available in our industry. Along with our colleagues across Technology, we are developing solutions designed to help independent financial advisors run their own businesses. Our development approach has always been Agile, and we recently revamped our team structure based on Scrum.
- Working with multiple Scrum teams responsible for design and implementation of Advisor360° applications and solutions
- Providing creative technology solutions to our company’s business problems
- Gathering and documenting business requirements; going above and beyond to understand the client’s complete business need and putting a plan into action
- Meeting with subject matter experts to identify and document all system requirements
- Taking the information from your client meetings and putting it into system requirement documents /user stories that our Development team will use to build the application
- Collaborating with the other members of the Technology department to develop project documentation, UI design, and so on
- Conducting walkthroughs of all completed specifications with the team to make sure the documentation is complete and development estimates are accurate
- Serving as the main liaison between business users and development staff to ensure that all requirements are met on schedule; communicating business requirement changes to the business users
- Completing and distributing documentation in a timely manner so that everyone is kept up-to-date on status and any issues that need to be resolved
- Working with vendors to implement new systems or modify tools we currently use
- Experience in Agile development process and Scrum
- Data analysis and forensics: ability to analyze datasets and investigate gaps
- Understanding of relational databases and proficiency in SQL
- Experience with UI/UX concepts to get final designs for requirements
- Financial services background a plus
- Adaptable, flexible personality; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with constant changes
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, with the ability to facilitate meetings
- 5 years of experience in business analysis and requirements definition for IT systems
- Detail-oriented; ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Comfortable working independently, but also a team player
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; ability to think outside the box
- Experience with all stages of a project lifecycle, including planning, analysis, design, construction, and testing
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and Visio; ability to learn new applications
- Some project management experience a plus
- Previous experience with TFS a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.