Cloud Security Engineer
As a cloud security engineer, you will provide hands-on technical engineering and implementation expertise to our growing cloud security program, built on Microsoft Azure and Office365. Working closely with our engineering teams, you will help build secure and robust systems responsible for serving Advisor360° and our customers.
- Evaluating and implementing Azure Cloud security tools such as CASB, Azure Log Analytics, Security Center, Intune, Azure Information Protection, Azure ATP, and Windows ATP; creating appropriate policies for operationalizing these tools
- Managing conditional access policies
- Developing an automated framework for security tool deployment in Azure
- Working with engineering teams to implement and maintain security infrastructure within Azure
- Implementing standards for cloud security and performing periodic audits to ensure standards are maintained
- Applying knowledge and/or skills of Python and Shell scripting, cloud technologies and computer forensics; security posture assessment, and requirements-based hardening in connection with the responsibilities above
- Handling off-hours escalations and participating in an on-call rotation
- Preparing security engineering diagrams and keeping existing security diagrams up to date
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- 6 years of hands-on experience in securing large complex networks, preferably in an Azure cloud environment
- Understanding of Azure networking and security infrastructure to support Azure IAAS and PAAS solutions
- Hands-on experience in the in designing, deployment, and support of security appliances, software, and other SaaS-based security offerings in a public cloud
- Experience developing or integrating automated security tools
- Experience in supporting Linux-based infrastructure
- Strong understanding of cloud-based virtual network environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable in global working environment
- Strong understanding of change management and security audit processes
- Experience with Palo Alto firewall technology
- Experience documenting technology standards, operational procedures, and other technical documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with technical staff across multiple systems and disciplines
- High degree of self-sufficiency, ownership, and pride of deliverables
Additional skills and knowledge
- Industry standard security certifications: CISSP, CISA, GCIH, and GCIA
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.