Director, IT Operations
Come work in an environment that values your opinions and prides itself on getting things done. Get away from the bureaucracy of a large company and be a part of our talented 75-person team of engineers and administrators. We’re just the right size for you to make an impact. Common sense prevails as we design, build, and support our local and wide area networks, Internet infrastructure, imaging, and phone systems, along with all infrastructure-related hardware and software.
We are looking for a director of IT operations—someone who can lead a team of engineers and technicians in the operations and support of our production and nonproduction systems, along with HelpDesk and desk-side services. Reporting to the vice president of technology operations, engineering, and support, the director of IT operations is responsible for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of operational support—for both in-house and third-party-managed IT infrastructure and applications used to support all business processes across the enterprise.
Our ideal candidate will have diverse technical infrastructure experience, as well as demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills. He or she will be an adept leader of people with a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations. This individual will also be responsible for operational IT service management processes to ensure that quality, efficiency, productivity, and agility goals are achieved. The director of IT operations will contribute to the development and execution of the infrastructure and operations strategy and ensure its alignment with the enterprise’s IT business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve core business success.
- Leading the IT Infrastructure and Operations team with high availability and superior performance in a 24/7 infrastructure support delivery model; leveraging support resources (both internal and external) to provide cost-effective services to all clients
- Fostering a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques
- Leading the development of the operation aspects of the infrastructure and operations strategy and roadmap; ensuring its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic plans
- Building and maintaining relationships with other IT and business leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensuring the cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs and responding with agility to changing business priorities
- Assessing both in-house and external technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing IT operations environment
- Keeping current on new technologies and service management practices; providing direction on which emerging IT operations technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated, and assimilated within IT Operations
- Supporting the IT operations and infrastructure sourcing strategy and providing oversight for vendor and partner relationship management
- Fostering a culture of indispensable customer service through active engagement, leadership, and a strong sense of accountability within the IT Operations organization
- Leveraging cloud infrastructure and work with enterprise architects and other senior engineers to plan, design, and migrate—where applicable—on premise to cloud resulting in scalable and cost optimal infrastructure
- Ensuring that the department understands and complies with quality standards and requirements as documented, such as ITIL, COBIT, ITSM, and SOC 2
- Owning responsibility for service-level agreement management and building an ITSM-complaint operational system with the proper metrics and reporting
- Performing an annual IT disaster recovery test with the Enterprise Risk/Business Continuity team
- Providing formal supervision and coaching for the Infrastructure and Operations team and setting the vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of IT services
- Establishing strategic direction, as well as significant depth of technical expertise in current trends in technology, including but not limited to, cloud infrastructure and automation technologies
- Developing and communicating organizational objectives; inspiring and motivating team members to achieve results
- Building organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures that employees realize their highest potential
- At least 7 years of related experience
- Strong leadership skills, including experience managing several direct reports
- ServiceNow platform experience preferred
- Proficient understanding of a technical stack that includes VMware, Dell and HP servers, Cisco network, Palo Alto and Radware, Nutanix, Hitachi storage, Commvault, Microsoft, Linux, Office 365, G Suite, Mac and Windows PCs, and VMware Horizon Cloud VDI
- A self-starter with an independent spirit; ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging cloud architecture or DevOps
- Demonstrated experience with help desk and deskside support services
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in information technology, computer science, engineering, or a related field
- ITIL Foundation Certification or ITSM certification; COBIT knowledge
- IT security certifications
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.