As an instructional designer, you will design training for clients and employees using a variety of modalities—instructor-led classroom-based trainings and webinars, self-paced e-learning, and blended learning—with emphasis on the development of interactive online content. Through a “train the trainer” format, our client training focuses on the online tools we build.
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong technical and learning development background, be customer focused, and pride yourself on your ability to deliver best-in-class training to geographically dispersed customers and home office employees.
- Working with product managers and subject matter experts to scope, design, develop, and curate learning experiences using proven adult learning principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Analyzing business requirements and conducting needs assessments to support the recommended learning experiences
- Developing engaging and objective-driven content and learning experiences that focus on applicable, role-relevant, real-world/workplace skills
- Developing web-based learning solutions and instructor-led materials to support the needs of internal and external customers
- Creating engaging activities and assessments that reinforce learning objectives
- Communicating regularly with stakeholders and subject matter experts during the learning content development process
- Auditing existing content on an ongoing basis; making recommendations and implementing changes to course or curriculum
- Working within a project management application to document learning development process data including time tracking, project comments, and task completion
- Ability to learn and absorb complex, technical information; break it down into smaller pieces; and convey it effectively within a variety of mediums
- Proven experience working with and positively influencing technical subject matter experts
- BA/BS degree or 3+ years of equivalent training development work experience; instructional design, instructional technology, adult education, or similar preferred
- Experience with developing technology/software training and online learning solutions
- Experience working with content creation tools such as Adobe Captivate; familiarity with video and editing a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ADDIE/SAM ISD models, Kirkpatrick levels of evaluation, and Bloom’s taxonomy
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new and complex tools, technologies, and applications
- Financial services industry experience a plus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing content for a varied audience experience
- Exceptional multitasking, time management, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude and excellent collaborative abilities
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.