Junior SQL Developer (Maintenance Team)
Working with us means you’ll be helping a 10-person Agile team that’s responsible for developing several of Advisor360°’s most visible and critical web applications, including a public-facing application, Investor360°. These products are at the heart of what our clients offer to financial advisors—and to their clients—and we are always adding new features.
Your days will have you maintaining and troubleshooting OLTP databases, ODS, and data marts. As one of us, you’ll bring a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to your work.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Ensuring data quality is excellent
- Troubleshooting complex SQL statements and making recommendations on fixing bugs
- Monitoring and troubleshooting build failures, system alerts, and reported outages
- Writing SQL scripts to fulfill data requests from business users
- Writing SQL unit tests and monitoring test failures
- Developing and modifying scripts to perform complex data migration or data manipulations
- Working on a variety of projects and systems, from big to small and from complex to simple
- Performing code reviews, learning from your peers, and sharing your knowledge with the team
- Documenting and maintaining data dictionaries, metadata, and configuration settings
- Contributing to end-to-end application development
- Collaborating with team members on effective development practices and communicating with tact, professionalism, and an eye toward team progression over self-interest
- 1–2+ years of SQL experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of relational modeling concepts
- Ability to write and troubleshoot stored procedures
- Knowledge of T-SQL
- Knowledge of C# a plus
- Knowledge of TFS, including build and release definitions within a CI and CD environment a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.