Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
Are you a risk manager with the experience, skills, and drive to build a technology-focused enterprise risk management program from the ground up? Do you understand risk frameworks and how to apply them in a financial technology company? If so, this unique opportunity is for you!
As part of the Information Security and Risk team, you will be responsible for identifying, assessing, communicating, monitoring, and mitigating risks within Advisor360°. You’ll be an integral member of the team, providing thought leadership and defining risk management policies, processes, and procedures. You will work closely with people at all levels and in all areas of the company including Product Development, HR, Legal, Finance, and IT, providing expert advice to address questions and concerns surrounding ongoing business operations and/or a proposed project or investments.
- Identifying, baselining, and documenting all company risks, along with the underlying threats, likelihoods, and impacts
- Determining and documenting the company’s risk appetite in various risk categories
- Continuously identifying, assessing, monitoring, reporting on, and developing mitigation plans for all types of risks
- Working with Legal and the business units to monitor new legal/regulatory and insurance requirements and ensure that Advisor360° is compliant with applicable laws, regulations, and contractual obligations
- Proposing possible solutions/programs/procedures for minimizing risk and liability
- Serving as a risk subject matter expert and assisting in the implementation of an enterprise risk management software solution, as well as supporting policies, processes, and procedures
- Evaluating new risk management tools and techniques and making recommendations to management as appropriate
- Presenting the risk profile and risk mitigation plans to the chief information security officer and other company executives at regular intervals
- 3–5 years of risk management experience, including formal risk assessments and vendor lifecycle management, preferably for a SaaS provider (or similar business)
- Ability to estimate and articulate the potential impacts of risks and suggest strategic alternatives to management
- Proven interpersonal and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
Additional skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field desired
- Familiarity with risk frameworks such as COSO, COBIT, NIST
- Previous experience with enterprise risk management software solutions highly desired
- Professional risk management certification (e.g., CRM, PRM, CERA, RIMS) desired
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.