Quality Assurance Engineer
Contract and Full-time
Are you a natural at finding defects in the front- and back-end of complex SaaS applications? A strong QA engineer with UI and web services experience? Well organized and well spoken? Our Project Management Office team is looking for a QA engineer to help us release high-quality software in a timely manner.
A typical day would have you working closely with other QA engineers, Development, offshore team members, and stakeholders to design and write test cases and report on the results in a Microsoft environment with multiple complex projects. Our workplace environment is fast paced, so the ability to stay on top of multiple projects is essential.
- Leading and coordinating QA initiatives and working across the project teams, with a diverse Scrum team
- Writing test plans and test strategies
- Reporting, analyzing, and tracking defects
- Assisting with software releases
- Working closely with other QA team members, Development, and stakeholders
- Participating in team standups, planning, and other meetings
- Designing test scope, approaches, and strategies
- Creating test plans and cases as appropriate; possibly directing others
- Designing, manipulating, or locating test data
- Ensuring appropriate tests are executed both during development and upon deployment
- Collaborating with team members to identify areas of high risk and the root cause of problems
- Working closely with team members and developers to detect, prioritize, and fix defects
- Providing appropriate status and risk assessment for management
- Self-starter with a vision for quality and process improvement
- Able to work independently and within a Scrum team
- 5+ years’ testing experience in information services/technology, both back- and front-end
- 3+ years’ SQL experience writing and executing complex queries to verify and validate data
- 3+ years’ experience in agile and Scrum development SDLC and methodologies
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of automation frameworks and benefits of automation to overall quality
- Experience working in a Microsoft environment, particularly with source control and bug-tracking in TFS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn new and exciting technologies and improve personal skills to deliver the highest quality software to our clients
Additional skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- ISTQB certification a plus
- Working knowledge of automation frameworks and methods a plus
- Productive and results-oriented
- Demonstrates high quality work
- Solves problems
- Communicates vision and purpose
- Gains support
- Demonstrates moral courage
- Relationship Building
- Adaptable and resilient
- Manages stress and frustration
- Adaptive communicator
- Supports team/unit cohesion
- Committed to self-improvement
- Shows sound judgment
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical fintech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S. Since its earliest days, Commonwealth has been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Its research, resources, support, and variety of affiliation models—coupled with the Advisor360° suite—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
Advisor360° launched in 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company. With more than 1,900 independent financial professionals, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors and field partners onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, with the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up and a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts (29 Sawyer Road), but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road) late summer 2019.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.