Senior IT Security Engineer
The senior information security engineer identifies information security risks and defines and implements technical solutions to mitigate or lessen those risks. This position will lead the implementation of key information security initiatives. Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with corporate information security policies and enforcing implementation of Advisor360°’s security architecture. This includes the auditing and safeguarding of all computer platforms, data and networking components within the corporation, oversight of the security configuration, and monitoring.
- Designing, implementing, and configuring security applications and infrastructure to support corporate policies, as well as federal and state security regulations
- Serving as an information security subject matter expert; assisting application and system development teams to configure and deploy systems and applications in a secure manner
- Overseeing vulnerability management, firewall management, IDS/IPS management, O/S security, SIEM implementation and support, and so forth
- Implementing new technologies, as required, to support the ever-changing security landscape
- Maintaining close liaison with other departments on technical matters; potentially working closely with vendors or customers on technical information, escalation issues, or modifications related to projects
- Serving as technical lead on security projects
- Handling of off-hours escalations and participation in an on-call rotation
- Prepare security engineering diagrams and keeping existing security diagrams up-to-date
- Evaluating and implementing Azure Cloud security tools such as CASB, Azure Log Analytics, Security Center, Intune, Azure Information Protection, Azure ATP, and Windows ATP; creating appropriate policies for operationalizing these tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in an information security role, with emphasis on compliance and information technology
- In-depth knowledge of network firewalls, preferably Palo Alto
- In depth knowledge of cloud security concepts, preferably Microsoft Azure/Office365
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as python
- 2+ years’ experience in designing and using multifactor authentication (preferably PingID), identity and access management tools, Endpoint encryption solutions, and SIEM solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interact with technical staff across multiple systems and disciplines; high degree of self-sufficiency, ownership, and pride of deliverables
- Experience documenting technology standards, operational procedures, and other technical documentation
- Hands-on experience assessing complex networks and systems, as well as the design and implementation of complex security solutions
Additional skills and knowledge
- CISSP or GIAC certification a plus
- ITIL background a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical FinTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second-to-none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. We are currently located in Waltham, Massachusetts, but will be moving into our new headquarters in Weston, Massachusetts (133 Boston Post Road), in fall 2019.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, North Station commuter rail shuttle service, flexible spending accounts, and employee-assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.