Senior Systems Engineer
Advisor360°, a new Software as a Service (SaaS) Fintech company, is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer—someone who can maintain, implement, and ensure exceptional performance and reliability from Advisor360° core systems—to join our team. If you are intimately proficient in the architecture and administration of Microsoft and VMWare and are hungry to learn about the latest cloud technologies, you could be a great fit for our team.
- Serve as the lead engineer on many projects related to providing Advisor360°'s customers with the latest technologies.
- Comfortably serve as the technical lead on large-scale enterprise and customer-facing projects.
- Work closely with operational resources to update them on premise practices and architectures.
- Work closely with the Application, Network, and Security teams to ensure that requirements are appropriately reflected in the architected designs.
- Develop, implement, and test data backup and recovery, as well as disaster-recovery procedures.
- Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks, and operational standards, including infrastructure diagrams.
- Evaluate existing infrastructure and applications running within our IT environments to ensure that proper automation of operations and optimization is in place.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, testing, and production environments.
- Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers.
- Provide best practices for building secure and reliable applications on all IT platforms.
- Fluent in the use of PowerShell
- Experience working in a production cloud environment such as Azure/AWS
- Eight-plus years of expertise in on-premise architecture, with a focus on VMWare and Microsoft Technologies
- Fluent in Active Directory management (design and administration), preferably with multiple Active Directory forests
- Experience supporting an SaaS environment, preferably IIS/.NET
- Experience with identity services such as AD Federated Services, AzureAD, and PingID Federation
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and logging tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery models
- Understanding of systems and network security components such as firewalling, load balancers, TLS encryption, SSL certificates, and so on
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Linux experience is a plus.
- Experience with VMWare NSX and vCloud/vRealize preferred.
- Automation/configuration management experience (Chef, Puppet, Azure automation) preferred.
- Experience with on-premise storage systems such as Hitachi preferred.
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical FinTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second-to-none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are located in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, North Station commuter rail shuttle service, flexible spending accounts, and employee-assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.