Technical Project Manager
Bring your project-management expertise to our technology team and support the delivery of IT projects and programs—on schedule and to the client’s complete satisfaction. Working with our Technology teams, you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects, ensuring consistency with the company’s strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Upon receipt of the project objective, work with the stakeholders to define scope and identify milestones, dependencies, risks, and unknowns.
- Develop project plans with well-defined tasks, estimates, owners, and dependencies.
- Understand deadlines and assess whether project timelines can be accelerated. Validate assumptions with the stakeholders and communicate to program management.
- Conduct effective meetings with clear agendas; always send meeting notes capturing action items and risks.
- Follow up on takeaway action items or risks identified in meetings.
- Make effective use of stakeholders’ time.
- Produce weekly status reports for executive team.
- Collaborate with program management to communicate status, dependencies, risks, and issues with other pods or teams.
- Work on a variety of projects, including software development, software selection, software implementation, upgrades, technical objectives (infrastructure or systems related), and more.
- Track project progress against the project plan and ensure that any deviations are communicated to broader stakeholders.
- Proactively manage project risks and issues; create risk-response plans as needed.
- Work directly with the external teams to remove any impediments.
- Provide management, direction, and support to the project team.
- Work with outside vendors and contractors, monitoring and reporting on their progress in completing deliverables.
- Collaborate with other members of the PMO on shared risks, dependencies, and conflicting priorities.
- Five-plus years of project management experience/education
- Prior experience as a technical PM, systems analyst, IT business analyst, or hands-on developer
- Prior experience with at least several of the following: server buildouts, network infrastructure initiatives, InfoSec initiatives, data-management initiatives, Cloud initiatives, and other enterprise-wide initiatives
- Prior experience managing projects in an Agile environment, preferably using Scrum
- Ability to use project-management productivity tools effectively (Microsoft Project Professional and Project Online, Excel, PowerPoint, TFS)
- A self-starter; able to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills; able to lead and direct a project team to success
- Strong and clear communication skills (written, verbal, and presentational)
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Persuasive, adaptable, encouraging, and motivating
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus; otherwise, plans to achieve certification within one year of employment
- Financial services experience a plus
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
We’re not your typical FinTech company. Advisor360° was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second-to-none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses.
Advisor360° launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network®, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360°’s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360° is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality: For the last 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we have been voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Our headquarters are in Weston, Massachusetts, at 133 Boston Post Road.
Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock options, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, North Station commuter rail shuttle service, flexible spending accounts, and employee-assistance programs, just to name a few.
Advisor360° is an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.